Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dignity for all man-kind as the clock strikes 2012.


Looking back on this year, I have made mistakes, I have struggled, I have fought and I have conquered.  Most of all, I am proud of myself for fighting to live. . . I am still standing tall with pride and I am truly proud of who I have become today.  I am proud of all the things I have accomplished and will accomplish. 

I am living with HIV but most of all I am living with dignity.

Before the clock strikes twenty-twelve . . . I wanted to share a closing message of hope and life with you. I hope you will listen . . . and share my message with others.


I would not have grown to be who I am today without the inspiration, support and dedication of many who work tirelessly in the fight against HIV/AIDS.  While I can’t list all those who have been there for me. . . below are some who I believe deserve some special recognition  - these are my top five 2011 warriors in the fight for dignity and love of all man-kind.

# 1: My Friends! Over the last year it is the unconditional love and support of friends that continue to allow me to feel safe. Through all the tough times, the exciting times . . . every minute of every hour of every day my circle of friends, personal and virtual have shown the most powerful, unconditional expressions and support of love. You all are a rare circle of trust and love that no matter the struggle, no matter the excitement when achieving something great – you are always there! You are all number one in my life and I want to thank you for helping me to stand tall as we close 2011 and I look forward to all of us growing together as the adventure of life continues in 2012.

#2: The Team at PositiveLite.com! This team of bloggers and writers truly get it! With an endless effort to bring readers incredible stories of inspiration and hope, I am addicted to getting my daily dose of hope from this online publication. If you are not tuned in or subscribed to the PositiveLite.com feeds . . . get in the know today to get your dose of hope and life!

#3: The Poz I Am Social Network and Blog Talk Radio! RobertBreining – founder of the Poz I Am Social Network truly has mastered the “social-environment” for people living with HIV/AIDS spot on! Anyone living with HIV/AIDS who needs a safe place that is built on support, truly inspiring virtual friends, blogs, messages of hope and more, then this place is for you. There is no other HIV social community that can top this one – so get on board today! If the social network was not enough, Robert Breining also hosts (with co-hosts Jeromy Dunn and Jack Mackenroth) a weekly Blog Talk Radio Show. . . I listen as often as I can, so I can 'hear' that I am not alone; so that I can ask questions and learn how others are fighting and living with HIV/AIDS.  If you have not tuned in already . . . TUNE IN! The show is every Sunday at 9 PM!

#4: Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC)! This non-profit organization is a hub of hope for all gay men living with HIV/AIDS. A safe-haven where anyone living in the New York City area who is dealing with a wide range of issues trying to fight his battle with HIV/AIDS can turn to for help, guidance, support and tools to win the fight of life. If you live in NYC and need help – turn to this organization. If you are looking for a place to donate before the clock strikes midnight (or even after) GMHC is the organization everyone should consider making a donation . . . their work is vital and saves lives.

#5: My Twitter Followers! While I am new to Twitter, I have never been more inspired by networking and following the thousands of inspiring tweets filled with hope, news and much more. All of my Twitter followers deserve a standing ovation for inspiring me, keeping me in the know and staying with me as I continue to share my story openly with the world. If you are on Twitter and have not connected with me, Follow me now . . . and connect with all of my followers who continue to do great, great things for all those living with HIV / AIDS.

So as 2011 comes to an end; remember another great year is upon us. Let’s all continue to do awesome things! Let’s work together – let’s join forces – let’s LOVE each other unconditionally! We will win this fight together!

I am Daniel and I am living pozitively. Thank you for following my blog! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.